1. Market Overview
The past week’s daily average global market capitalization of cryptocurrency was $263.67 billion and the daily average transaction volume was $12.82 billion, indicating a incline of 0.5% an decline of 11.4% respectively. The daily average market capitalization of the top five cryptocurrencies increased by 0.46% from the previous week. Among the top five – all of which decreased in price – EOS has experienced the greatest price decrease by 37.44% in the past week.
Of the top 10 cryptocurrencies that increased this week, 70% of the projects were of the vertical industrial application sector. Also, STX of gambling sector experienced the greatest increase in price by 105.69%.
|Ranking||Project||Token||Field||Brief description||Trading amount（24h）||Token price||Increase/7d|
|1||Stox||STX||Gambling||STX is a token used in its gambling ecosystem.||$4.62M||$0.4158||105.69%|
|2||Sumokoin||SUMO||Cryptocurrency and payment||SUMO is a digital currency used for confidential transactions.||$484K||$1.05||93.4%|
|3||LOClcoin||LOCI||Autonomous Organization||LOCI hopes to become a platform that is free and efficient for joint ventures, creativity, and talent.||$107K||$0.0691||88.78%|
|4||Metaverse||ETP||Basic chain and protocol||ETP is a decentralized public chain project.||$7.89M||$1.37||77.36%|
|5||Aurora||AOA||Basic chain and protocol||AOA is committed to becoming a blockchain project that links industries and promotes application.||$363K||$0.05||60.34%|
|6||Coversting||COV||Asset management||The COV platform allows users to access the portfolio of other cryptocurrency traders.||$143K||$1.1||58.29%|
|7||KickCoin||KICK||Asset management||KICK is the ecological token on the crowdfunding platform KIKICO.||$2.73M||$0.056||49.31%|
|8||Hydro||HYDRO||Corporate services||HYDRO is committed to combining an efficient decentralized exchange alliance.||$1.49M||$0.009||45.94%|
|9||Bittwatt||BWT||IoT||BWT is a distributed energy trading market.||$50.6K||$0.038||42.14%|
|10||Jiyo||JIYO||Payment||JIYO is committed to providing a more convenient payment channel.||$77.7K||$0.032||42.14%|
Data source：coinmarketcap；retrieved at 12:00 on July 13th, 2018
2. Analysis of Top 200 Market Cap Projects
The market capitalization of top 200 projects decreased by 6.83% compared with that of last week. Based on the main categories of cryptocurrency and payment, public chain and protocol, vertical chain and protocol, and vertical industrial application, the vertical industrial application sector decreased the most.
Data source： OK Blockchain Capital
Through further classification of the vertical chain and protocol and vertical industrial application verticals, it was found that this week’s corporate services vertical was on an obvious increase at a rate of 40.31%. Medical Insurance and AI verticals experienced the greatest decreases with a rate of 28.93% and 27.78% respectively.
Data source： OK Blockchain Capital
3. Analysis of Newly Listed Projects
There were 13 new projects in the market last week (mainly of the asset management vertical), 76.92% of which dropped in price within 24 hours of listing. Most of the newly issued tokens were listed on CoinBene and EthFinex.
New Projects Categories Ratio
New Projects Listed Exchanges Ratio
Data source：Coinmarketcap、feixiaohao、OK Blockchain Capital analysis
Table of newly listed projects
|Project||Token||Field||Exchange Platform||Initial Listed Price（$）||Current Price（$）||24h Trading Volume（$）||Launch Date|
|Coni||CONI||Exchange platform token||CoinBene||0.0947||0.1028||1.55M||7/7|
|Popchain cash||PCH||Content copyright||Bit-Z、LBank、CoinBene||0.0358||0.0318||739K||7/7|
|Essentia||ESS||Basic chain and protocol||Ethfinex、IDEX、CoinBene||0.0555||0.0224||132K||7/7|
|Karatgold Coin||KBC||Stable coin||CoinBene、HitBTC、YoBit||0.0084||0.0091||285K||7/7|
|DaTa eXchange||DTX||Data services||BitForex、CoinFalcon||0.0283||0.0278||22.5M||7/12|
Data source：Coinmarketcap, Feixiaohao
4. Analysis of Closed Public Sales Projects
There have been 25 closed public sales projects this week, totaling nearly 143 million USD. Among these projects, projects of the payment field received most funding. This was closely followed by projects of the cryptocurrency and payment field.
Main categories of public sales project this week
Table Closed public sales projects (July 7-13)
|KIMBU ETF Tokens||ETF||Asset management||Ethereum||200|
|Beyond Seen Screen||BSS||Content copyright||Ethereum||100|
|Open Source University||EDU||Education||Ethereum||34|
Main data sources： Icobench、 Foundico、 smith and crown、icodata、 icodrops、coinschedule、icoadvert
Secondary data sources：Project websites
5. Important News on Global Governmental Policies this Past Week
6. Keeping Up with the Blockchain Giants
7. Hot topic of the week: Is EOS Random-access memory (RAM) used for trading or for actual use?
- “One day in the blockchain space is equivalent to a year out of the space.” The conversions of hot topics in the cryptocurrency market is always unpredictable. When most people are busy looking for high-performance public chains, exchange platform tokens suddenly became the new trend. When investors rushed into various small and medium-sized exchanges, Fcoin quietly rose to the top. When exchange platform mining became the new hot topic, it was taken over by EOS: EOS’ RAM.
- RAM is a very important resource in the EOS network. Creating EOS accounts, creating EOS smart contracts, and performing EOS transfers will consume memory resources. The user needs to stake a certain amount of EOS to the system account in order to obtain the corresponding memory usage right. The stake price is determined by the market demand, and the user can also transfer the memory according to real-time price.
- In order to keep the supernode running efficiently, EOS’s current total RAM is temporarily set at 64G. For the programmers who are developing on EOS, the purchase of RAM is needed, and the total amount has led to the temporary scarcity of RAM on EOS. A large number of speculators have gone forward and pushed the RAM price up to 0.93EOS/KB. Compared with 0.02EOS/KB on June 20, the increase is close to 50 times.
- As the cryptocurrency market has been moving at a declining rate, this issue has attracted more negative speculators. The speculators are influencing the secondary market by trading and speculating about EOS’ RAM. Developers can only helplessly pay for the high costs. As of the release of the report, the RAM usage of EOS exceeds 80%, and the number of Dapp developers in use of RAM is less than 2%.
- Analyst evaluation: EOS’ exclusion of handling fees and almost real-time arrival of transactions provides users a seamless experience. The increase in RAM price has also made profits for many early investors. However, as a project that has just lifted off, the excessive development costs have prevented the wide scale development of Dapps on EOS. As for the value of EOS’ RAM, the practical demand is of utmost importance. Without the demand for the practical needs for RAM, then investing in RAM is worthless. The speculative trading of EOS RAM is simply a temporary wave that may end badly without the support of ecosystem.
Want more report from OK Blockchain capital? See on medium!
Table Upcoming Crowdfunding Project (July 14-20)
|Project||Token||Public offering launch date||Public offering close date||Field||Token Quantity||Public offering percentage*||Hard cap|
|NordCoin Mining||NRDC||2018/7/16||2018/8/16||Asset management||15M||85%||$1M|
|Accounting Blockchain||TAB||2018/7/16||2018/9/30||Asset management||100B||22%||$4M|
|Bitforex||BF||2018/7/20||2018/7/25||Exchange platform token||–||–||–|
|MIBcoin||MIB||2018/7/20||2018/8/10||Cryptocurrency and payment||1B||13%||–|
|ArtWook Coin||AKC||2018/7/20||2018/8/1||Asset management||–||–||–|
*The ratio between public offering Token quantity and the total Token quantity of the project.
Main data sources Icobench, Foundico, smith and crown, icodata, icodrops, coinschedule, icoadvert
Supporting data source: websites of the projects
The post Weekly Blockchain Industry Report [July 7-12,2018] appeared first on CoinSpeaker.